SSCI, is pleased to offer the 2019 Pharmaceutical Solids Pharmaceutical Training Course
“Pharmaceutical Solids: Essential Knowledge and Advanced Concepts”
April 2-3, 2019
Hyatt Regency Cambridge
575 Memorial Dr.
A Two-Day Learning Opportunity Awaits You
Whether you’re a seasoned drug development professional or a newcomer to the industry, SSCI continues its commitment to sharing its industry-leading knowledge of discovery, characterization, and development of pharmaceutical solids in its 2019 short course series. Process chemists, engineers, materials scientists, intellectual property attorneys and professionals in related fields all stand to gain benefits from this dynamic overview of solid state chemistry.
An all-inclusive, value-packed fee covers this two day pharmaceutical training course, where you will learn from experts, including SSCI research directors and scientists as well as renowned intellectual property (IP) and patent specialist, Eyal Barash. These knowledgeable SSCI professionals will bring you up to date on the latest advances in pharmaceutical materials science, with a focus on ideas, issues, language and methodologies to enable faster drug development. Take advantage of this learning opportunity that will provide information needed to make appropriate risk-based, solid-form decisions and provide understanding of why high quality characterization and analysis is critical to development and IP strategies.
During the pharmaceutical training courses, you will have the opportunity to meet with SSCI experts for brief discussions and free consultation. If you would like to arrange for a meeting before the pharmaceutical training course to discuss your actual data, we can arrange a meeting with the assurance of a Confidential Disclosure Agreement. Send your request for a confidential meeting to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pharmaceutical Solids: Essential Knowledge and Advanced Concepts
with special emphasis on:
- Basic Concepts
- Crystallography and Crystallization
- Advanced Analytical Development Issues
- Regulatory Issues
- Intellectual Property
This two-day pharmaceutical training course is aimed at professionals in the field of pharmaceutical solids who would like to expand their knowledge base. The course provides information which enables faster drug development and quality by design. Presenters will discuss strategic approaches to understanding and predicting the properties and pharmaceutical behavior of solids, as well as the important area of regulatory aspects of pharmaceutical solids. Participants will each receive Solid-State Chemistry of Drugs (Byrn, Pfeiffer & Stowell, 2nd Edition) as well as a course notebook.
The course will consist of two all-day presentations and will meet from approximately 8 am to 5 pm.
The course will address the following questions:
- What types of pharmaceutical solids exist?
- How can pharmaceutical solids impact pharmaceutical development?
- What techniques are used for their characterization?
- What are the criteria for consideration when selecting a solid form for development?
- What information can be gained from single crystal X-ray structure determination?
- What are the advantages and drawbacks of crystalline vs amorphous phases?
- How crystal forms are related to stability?
- How to obtain DS and DP with consistent physicochemical properties?
- How should solid state analytical methods be developed and validated?
- What is required in a regulatory submission and how should it be approached?
This fundamental course on pharmaceutical solids provides a fast-paced, cutting-edge overview of the ideas, issues, language, and methodologies of pharmaceutical solid-state research. Professionals from many diverse backgrounds are being recruited into the pharmaceutical industry, including process chemists, engineers, materials scientists, pharmaceutical scientists, and many others. The course will help these professionals integrate more quickly into the pharmaceutical industry and work more effectively as colleagues and managers.
(Subject to change)
- Solid State Chemistry in Pharmaceutical Development
- Polymorphs, Hydrates, and Solvates
- Multicomponent Crystals – Salts and Cocrystals
- Amorphous Solids
- Energy Temperature Diagrams
- Physical Transformations in the Drug Substance and Drug Product
- Solid Form Patents Data in Claims
- Regulatory Considerations
- Single Crystal Analysis
- X-Ray Powder Diffraction
- Thermal Analysis
- Microscopy of Pharmaceuticals in R&D, Production, and Investigations
- Particle size analysis
- Solid State Method Development
- Biologics & Biosimilars
To request registration information, please fill out the information request form at the link and select “2019 Short Course Registration” in the Type of Query* window. We will get back to you right away with further information. Registration at each session is limited to forty participants, so register early to save your seat! A course schedule and directions to the venue will be mailed with confirmation of your registration.
The fee includes taxes, luncheons on all days, beverage breaks, book, and course notes. You may pay for the course using a credit card, check, or purchase order. Government employees, please contact SSCI to ask about discounted fees. Please note that the cost of a hotel room is not included in the course fee. You are responsible for making your own hotel reservations.