We are currently seeking a Sr. Manager/ Manager of Environmental Health & Safety to lead our workplace and chemical safety programs in West Lafayette, IN
- Member of site leadership team working closely with Operations, Facilities, Human Resources, and Global EHS as needed.
- Leads site audits, risk assessment activities and implement corrective action promptly to ensure compliance with site, company, and regulatory standards.
- In active partnership with operational leadership, sets up and maintains training program in all applicable safety competency areas. Assure training is appropriately documented, periodically reviewed to assure compliance and timeliness and maintain appropriate written records/ documentation of such training being conducted and reinforced.
- Reviews current and proposed safety, health and environmental regulations, standards and guidance for impact at facility.
- Reviews safety data sheets (SDS) of chemical safety hazards for research compounds and advises operational teams on appropriate handling precautions.
- Directs and coordinates activities, reports, documents, and programs for maintaining environmental compliance.
- Leads and coordinates training for AMRI’s site Emergency Response Team.
- Oversees hazardous waste program to ensure waste is being disposed of according to all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for submitting all required reports and fees associated with hazardous waste disposal. Will work with AMRI sourcing department and hazardous waste vendor to continuously evaluate options for reducing volumes and costs.
- Responsible for administering a site EHS Management System.
- Maintains appropriate recordkeeping and regulatory reporting.
- Ensures comprehensive employee training and contractor orientation for safely conducting work assignments.
- Guides and promote safe work performance by developing and enforcing safety policies, implementing safety campaigns, and training supervisors and employees on EHS expectations.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. in Safety, Environmental Science or related field or a degree in organic or inorganic chemistry with appropriate industrial EHS and chemical safety experience.
- 3-5 years with prior experience managing a comprehensive chemical safety program.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Demonstrated knowledge of both OSHA and EPA regulations.